Dark and Darker Solo Rogue Build
This guide covers a Dark and Darker solo Rogue build. In this guide you’ll find the best rogue perks, abilities, and gear for solo play. You’ll also find gameplay tips, and how to get started with the class.
- High Movement Speed
- Massive damage over time
- Low health, can be easily killed
- Not beginner friendly
The rogue can feel quite challenging to play the begin with. You can easily be taken down by monsters and players alike if you’re not careful. You need to pick your battles and utilize your speed to your advantage. The rogue is also pretty gear dependent, and the starting gear is not great, which can make it difficult to get over the initial gearing hump.
However, if you can play to your strengths the rogue can perform really well as a solo class.
The two skills that are recommended for this Dark and Darker solo rogue build are the following:
These two abilities are the most reliable and effective especially as a solo player and in group play. Stealth allows you to hide to set up attacks to DOT your target. Rupture and Poisoned Weapon will most of the work for you but you have to land them first!
The recommended perks for this build are as follows:
- Poisoned Weapon: This perk is one of the best, if not the best rogue passive. You can constantly stack dots on your target to deal a ton of pressure to them while you kite.
- Backstab: This is a great choice for additional damage for both PvE room clears and PvP encounters. With your high mobility you can often times position yourself behind your target for more damage.
- Ambush: The first attack within 3 seconds after being released from stealth deals 50% additional weapon damage as damage.
- Stealth – If you are hiding you can move 10 steps while crouching or slow walking.
To get the most out of your Poisoned Weapon we’ll be stacking as much “Additional Magic Damage” stat as possible. Prioritize gear with additional magic damage. For this build, even a green with Additional damage can be better than a purple without it. If you are able to locate gear with multiple perk bonuses use this priority
- Additional Magic Damage > +All Attribute > Agility
Here are some other tips when gearing out your Rogue!
- Try to utilize a rapier in your main hand and a dagger in your offhand. This will help extend your range and damage. You can typically pick up a cheap rapier from the weaponsmith early on in order to help you clear dungeons easier.
- The Gambeson or the Marauder outfit are both viable gear options. Again, remember to Prioritize “Additonal Magic Damage” over all other perks.
Finally, Don’t forget to equip yourself with as many bandages and health potiions as possible as rogue has no sustain utility in its kit.
How to Play Dark and Darker Solo Rogue Build
For this build, Most of your damage will come from Poisoned Weapon and stacking “additional Magic Damage”. This Allows you to land a couple hits and then move away from your target, out of danger. \
In PVE, make sure to lean on Poisoned Weapon and avoid using your active cooldowns. Once you stack enough Additional Magic Damage, you should be able to strike most undead a few times and walk away. Feel Free to use Rupture on High HP monsters such as bosses and utilize your Backstab and Ambush Passives when possible
PVP requires much more tactics. You will want to do everything you can to get the first attack on your enemy while coming out of stealth, from behind. To do this, you’ll make sure you use darkness and Stealth to position yourself. Be sure to darken areas by turning off lights in the area and by using your Stealth Ability when enemies are close.
Next, cast rupture and make sure to target your enemies head and strike from behind if possible, breaking stealth with the attack. Most Enemy classes should die to a few back stabs and letting Rupture and Poison weapon tick! Be sure to use your movement speed to dodge in an out of attacks from other melee classes.
REMEMBER POISON WEAPON STACKS so landing as many attacks as possible increases the amount of Damage over time your dots will do.
You do not have any sustain as a rogue, so make sure to take health potions and / or bandages into each dungeon, and utilize the health shrines when the opportunity is there.
Dark and Darker Solo Rogue Build Conclusion
That concludes our Dark and Darker Rogue Build! For general information / beginner rogue guide you can check here.