Blizzard Sorcerer Build
Welcome to our Diablo 4 Blizzard Sorcerer Build for Endgame. This build is perfect for speed clearing content as it deals massive amounts with AOE damage. It will destroy large groups of enemies and offer plenty of CC. While this build lacks burst damage, it will ramps up to have high single target DPS as . In this article we will give you the info needed to re-create this build! This guide will cover the Skill Tree, Aspects, Paragon Board, Glyphs and everything you need to run the Blizzard Sorcerer build!
- High AOE Damage.
- Great Single Target Damage.
- Great for speed farming all types of content.
- Mana hungry.
- Has a ramp up time as you stack Blizzards.
- Squishy. Very squishy.
Skill Tree and Paragon Board
Board Order and Glyphs
- 1.) Starting Board – Elementalist: Flat damage increase for all elemental types, great source of extra damage.
- 2.) Ice Fall – Frostbite: Synergizes with our ability to Chill targets by increasing the total damage we deal to them. This is very powerful for Blizzard setups.
- 3.) Frigid Fate – Tactician: Enables Defensive abilities to act as pseudo-offensive cooldowns by providing a flat damage bonus when these abilities are used.
- 4.) Burning Instinct – Control: This will increase the damage we deal to crowd-controlled enemies. This will allow our entire build to deal more overall damage thanks to the wide array of crowd-control abilities in our arsenal. It synergizes well with Frostbite
- 5.) Static Surge – Exploit: This build will have high up time on the Vulnerable debuff and allow for more damage output within those vulnerability windows. We also want Static Surge since we are playing with the Raiment of the Infinite Unique
- 6.) Searing Heat – Flamefeeder: Free burning damage increase that fits well in this board and overall provides a significant damage boost.
Glyph Leveling Priority
Below you will find the important Rare Glyphs for the Whirlwind Barbarian. Make note, you should upgrade each Glyph to level 15 first, and then push them to max.
- 1.) Frostbite
- 2.) Control
- 3.) Tactician
- 4.) Exploit
- 5.) Elementalist
- 6.) Flamefeeder
Sorcerer’s unique class mechanic grants us the ability to slot two Non-Ultimate Skills into Enchantment Slots where they gain potent passive bonuses.
Slot Fire Bolt into the first Enchantment Slot and DO NOT actually put it on your bar. This will allow the build to apply Burns and Fire damage, therefore it will synergize with our Burn related effects from the Paragon boar, or passives like Devouring Blaze.
Slot Teleport into the second Enchantment Slot. This will increase mobility significantly while also allowing for more Stuns and crowd-control.
Season One: Malignant Hearts
The Seasonal Affix tied to Season One will add a huge boost to all builds in Diablo 4. This will provide you essentially bonus gem slots that will add unique effects which may provide massive damage, defensive, or utility boosts. For more information on this, please refer to our Season 1 Malignant Hearts Guide
Below you will find the suggested Malignant Hearts for this build:
- Tal’Rasha (Vicious, Offensive): For each unique element you deal damage with, you deal 7%-12% increased damage for 2-8 seconds.
- Revenge (Brutal, Defensive): 10-20% of incoming damage is instead supressed. When you use a Defensive, Subterfuge or a Macabre skill, all suppressed damage is amplified by 250% and explodes, dealing up to 1360 – 2040 Fire damage to Nearby enemies.
- The Barber (Wrathful, Super): Critical Strikes and all subsequent damage within 2.0 – 4.0 seconds is absorbed by your target. Then, the absorbed damage erupts onto surrounding enemies. Stored damage is increased by 10% per second.
- Tempting Fate (Vicious, Offensive): You gain 45%-65% Critical Strike Damage but your Non-Critical Strikes deal 20%-25% less damage.
- Picana (Vicious, Offensive): Critical Strikes electrically charge the enemy for 0.75-2.50 seconds, causing lightning to arc between them and any other charged enemies dealing 68-136 lightning damage.
- Dark Dance (Vicious, Offensive): Every 5 seconds while above 60% Life, Core Skills cost 51 – 68 Life instead of your Primary Resource. Skills that consume Life deal 10% – 20% increased damage.
- Malignant Pack (Wrathful, Super): Cycle through a Malignant bonus every 20 kills:
- Gain 20% Attack Speed
- Core and Basic Skills have a 15% chance to fully restore your Primary Resource
- Every 21 seconds, gain a Barrier absorbing 85 – 102 damage
- Spellbreaking (Brutal, Defensive): After taking Elemental damage, gain 20%-40% Resistance to that element for 5 seconds.
- Spite (Devious, Utility): When you are afflicted with a Crowd Control effect, there is a 20%-40% chance that the same enemy and enemies around you are also afflicted with the same effect for 3 seconds.
Legendary Aspects & Gearing
Below is a list of Aspects we use and recommend for this Blizzard Sorcerer Build. The Aspects are in order starting from the most to least important.
These Aspects act as the core of the build and allow it to function. These will ALWAYS be needed.
- Glacial (Offensive)
These Aspects are suggested for improving damage output or overall defensiveness. Some of these may be interchanged with other preferences or in the case of obtaining a Unique drop.
- Frostblitz Aspect (Defensive)
- Aspect of Control (Offensive)
- Aspect of Binding Embers (Utility)
- Conceited Aspect (Offensive)
- Aspect of Disobedience (Defensive)
- Everliving Aspect (Defensive)
- Prodigy’s Aspect (Resource)
- Frozen Tundra (Offensive)
- Storm Swell Aspect (Offensive)
- Aspect of the Umbral (Resource)
- Aspect of Biting Cold (Offensive)
Note that Aspects are limited to specific gear slots. Use the list below to decide where to put your aspects. This build does not restrict you, but note some unique items may require you to adjust accordingly:
- Offensive – Amulets, Gloves, Ring, Weapons
- Defensive – Amulets, Chest, Helm, Legs
- Mobility – Amulets, Boots
- Resource – Rings
- Utility – Amulets, Boots, Chest, Gloves, Helm
Suggested Aspect Slots
|Chest||Everliving (Swap to Raiment of the Infinite Unique when found)|
|Ring #2||Frozen Tundra|
This build really only requires one Unique Item.
- Chest: Raiment of the Infinite Unique Effect (Required): After using Teleport, Close enemies are Pulled to you and Stunned for [2.0-3.0] seconds, but Teleport’s Cooldown is increased by 20%.
Stat Priority and Gems
|Helm||Cooldown Reduction||Maximum Mana||Armor||Maximum Life||Crowd Control Duration|
|Chest||Armor||Damage Reduction from Burning enemies||Damage Reduction from Close enemies||Damage Reduction from Distant Enemies||Maximum Life|
|Gloves||Attack Speed||Critical Strike Chance||Critical Strike Chance Against Injured Enemies||Intelligence||Lucky Hit: Chance to Restore Resource|
|Pants||Armor||Damage Reduction from Burning enemies||Damage Reduction from Close enemies||Damage Reduction from Distant Enemies||Maximum Life|
|Boots||+ Ranks of Frost Nova||Mana Cost Reduction||Movement Speed||+ Ranks of Teleport||Intelligence|
|Amulet||Cooldown Reduction||Mana Cost Reduction||+ Ranks to Devouring Blaze||+ Ranks to Defensive Skills||Damage Reduction|
|Ring x 2||Critical Strike Damage||Critical Strike Chance||Vulnerable Damage||Maximum Mana||Resource Generation|
|Wand||Weapon Damage||Vulnerable Damage||Critical Strike Damage||+Damage to Close Enemies||Intelligence|
|Focus||Weapon Damage||Cooldown Reduction||Mana Cost Reduction||Critical Strike Chance||Resource Generation|
How To Play Blizzard Sorcerer
The Blizzard Sorcerer build is incredibly mana dependent, but it is a straightforward build that does not change its rotation at all depending on the encounter. You will always be playing very similarly and have an arsenal of defensive buffs at your disposal while you layer Blizzard after Blizzard on the target in order to ramp up your DPS.
- Initiate by using Blizzard 2+ times on the target.
- Cast Flame Shield to take advantage of Burning passives and Binding Embers.
- Cast Teleport at the target location to pull all enemies, apply debuffs, and deal damage.
- Cast Frost Nova when everything is clumped together.
- Cast Blizzard to defeat any remaining enemies.
- Ice Armor can be used whenever you are in need of protection, or as 25% Mana Regeneration tool when not in danger.
- Deep Freeze can be casted for large Elite packs, or as a free escape. It will deal great AOE damage, but also make you immune for 4 seconds.
The rotation will be the same as the one listed above. It is paramount to ensure that the boss is kept within the radius of your Blizzards. This will be the majority of your damage, so any movement can drastically impact your DPS.
Note: Be mindful of defensive cooldowns and be sure to not waste them if you know there are incoming burst damage phases. Also be prepared to hold long cooldowns, such as Deep Freeze, for windows of Vulnerability.
This concludes our Diablo 4 Blizzard Sorcerer Build! For more information on Diablo 4, including Class Builds and Guides, be sure to check out our Diablo 4 home page!