Hello everyone and welcome to our Lost Ark Sorceress PVP Guide! Here you will see the best PVP Stats, Skills, Builds and Gameplay so you can don the wizard hat, get out there into the Arena and slay out on the battlefield rising up the Ranks! We’ll be covering everything you need to become a true competitor for future Competitive Proving Ground Seasons!
Best Sorceress PvP Stats
PVP in Lost Ark can pit you against a multitude of different Classes when it comes to duking it out in the Arena whether it’s in the 3v3 Team Deathmatch setting or Elimination, the “winner-stays-on” 1v1 duel mode. As a result you may have to change up your stats to match your playstyle or the compositions you’re coming up against.
Lost Ark Sorceress PVP Guide Standard (Recommended)
This stat spread is the gold standard across almost every class in Lost Ark PVP. More often than not you will max out Swiftness to the 750 cap as it is the best PVP stat. This is primarily due to Swiftness increasing Attack Speed, Movement Speed and cooldown reduction. This is essential when competing versus other players. Where each and every action and the speed to do it can be the difference between winning or losing.
Domination is a common stat to put 249-250 points into as your primary source of damage increases. The damage is gained from hitting targets that are crowd-controlled or debuffed. In PVP your teammates (or even you yourself) will constantly crowd control or CC your opponents.
As a result you will be seeing a consistent damage increase throughout the match. Finally Crit for the last point to round out the spread. This is to enable the ability to Crit at all. Without this point you forgo landing critical strikes on your opponents entirely.
Moving away from the standard, there are plenty of alternatives you can take in both skill builds and stat spreads. Specialization in PVP assists you with resource recovery rates, Awakening damage and Identity ability effectiveness. In the Sorceress’ case, we’re mainly looking at the resource recovery and to a smaller extent the Awakening damage.
With this spread you’ll drop a tiny bit of damage increase for the opportunity to gain more Identity gauge. Specifically this gives a decent increase to your mobility potential due to your Identity gauge ability Blink.
If you’re struggling to peel for yourself or having a hard time catching people and positioning consistently, this may be a stat layout for you to try by giving yourself more Blink throughout a match.
Skill Build and Tripods
Sorceress players have access to a plethora of incredible skills. Many of them are your core and as a result the flexibility options in terms of skill switching low. Of course we will see a constant adaptation to the meta and balance patches in the future. So expect things to change over the months or years.
However, we currently have a fantastic build. Of which has been self-tested but also a recurring build used by top Korean and Russian PVP veterans. This build will have you dropping huge damage and winning many games:
With this build you have great tools for practically every scenario. Tools to catch opponents and start combos such as Lightning Vortex and Frost’s Call. Also defensive cooldowns like Reverse Gravity, Squall (Squall being a hard CC) and Seraphic Hail which also double as disruption. And finally, your hard hitters Punishing Strike and Esoteric Reaction. Enviska’s Might will always be your best choice of Awakening.
Note: Another option with the Sorceress is Ice Shower using the Agile Cast, Tenacity and Frost Fragment Tripods. This can replace Squall OR be used alongside it potentially replacing Seraphic hail if you’re struggling with melee match-ups or even playing 1v1’s in Elimination and want easy to land CC.
As a Sorceress, the aim of the game is to be not only a strong DPS ranged class. But also an enabler for your team. You will have the tools to set-up not only yourself but your teammates with decently long ranged poke skills that double up as soft or middle tier CC and as a result net you and your team a ton of kills. A good starting point is to practice your positioning when playing the Sorceress.
In PVP camera positioning is important as you and your opponent will only have a limited FoV which is flipped about 90 degrees depending on which team you’re on. Consequently, keeping yourself at a decent range but also horizontal to the enemy means you’ll be at the top or bottom of their screen perspective, allowing you to get off surprise poke or crowd control catches.
Remember that you do have access to defensive tools and Blink to escape your opponents, but having better positioning means you burn these tools much later.
Ideally you’ll look to start any of your combos or poke patterns with Frost’s Call or Lightning Vortex, these skills activate particularly fast allowing you to net combos and catching people off guard, especially if cast out of camera view. Another positive of starting with these spells is to give your teammates an opening to follow up. Reverse Gravity can also start a combo but in more of a defensive context.
Keep a keen eye on your opponents and your teammates, position yourself correctly and begin to enable or peel your teammates, while dishing out high poke damage combos to net kills. Play as slippery as possible with your defensive tools and Blink – you’ll see success!
• Use Frost’s Call, if this catches the opponent follow up with Lightning Vortex, should this stick use Esoteric Reaction into an immediate Punishing Strike. This is your bread and butter, keep in mind to place your Esoteric Reaction and then aim your Punishing Strike in the direction the Esoteric Reaction will send your opponent.
• Squall can provide you with a long range stun to then begin the bread and butter combo or any other skill usage that you have available at the time. If this skill catches an opponent, follow up with the above combo or a smaller combo such as Esoteric Reaction into Inferno for a quick burst.
• This combo is reliant on closer positioning and slightly more advanced but can net you a lot of free damage, so treat this as a potential combo for when you’re in close proximity to the opponent and preparing your defensive action. Firstly you’re going to hit Frost’s Call or Lightning Vortex once again, follow this up by spacing yourself closer to the opponent and using Seraphic Hail. If this connects, place Inferno in a way that will bounce your opponent towards you. Should this work you can chain this into Reverse Gravity and finish it off with Esoteric Reaction into Punishing Strike.
• Alternatively, a simple Reverse Gravity catch into Esoteric Reaction and a well positioned Punishing Strike is a simple but effective defensive combo that will deal decent damage and likely get your opponents Stand Up.
1. Use Frost’s Call and Lightning Vortex to poke, catch opponents, peel and enable your team.
2. Prioritize positioning as much as possible to land hits from outside your opponents FoV but also so you’re in range to either deal poke damage or enable your teammates in a pinch.
3. Inferno is a quick but easy way of landing a quick poke while potentially baiting out an opponent’s Stand Up, the skill is relatively large in size and as a result, reliable.
4. Save Esoteric Reaction and Punishing Strike for when you’re guaranteed hits with them, these are your biggest source of damage and pair well together for huge burst.
5. Use your defensives and Blink sparingly, as you become fairly vulnerable without them.
Thank you for checking out our Lost Ark Sorceress Guide for PVP! As a result I hope this helps you become one of the best Sorceress players in Lost Ark! We will make sure that we update this guide in the future since Lost Ark can make any changes for the Class and PVP is always an ongoing shift of meta adaptations. Good luck out there in the Arena and climb the Competitive Proving Ground Season Ranks!