Dueling in New World
One option for PvP in New World is Dueling. Dueling is a way for players to PvP one another without any consequences to gear durability and serves as a great way to practice your PvP skills, organize PvP events, or settle a beef.
- Duels can be initiated by any player over level 10, regardless of faction or PvP flag status
- Duels cannot be initiated in settlements or during war/invasion.
- Players initiate a duel by hovering over another player’s name and clicking “Invite To Duel,” or chatting “/duel [playername]”
- Outside interference will end a duel
- You can duel solo or in a group of up to 5 members each
- There are no penalties for losing during a duel (i.e. loss of gear durability)
Solo and Group Dueling in New World
In order to group duel, you must first form a group. It’s important to point out that teams do not have to be even. A single person can initiate a duel against a group of 2 more players in order to 1vX. In order to do this simply hover over a player in a group, challenge them to a duel, and then select the “Duel Group” option.
You can also single out a player in a group to duel by selecting the solo duel option. This allows players to continue 1v1 duels without having to leave their group.
For more on dueling and PVP builds, make sure to check our New World Build section!