Last Updated: Fri Feb 24 2023 Reading Time: 5 min
New World Ice Gauntlet Patch Note Changelog
Below is a running list of changes for each patch for all things relating to the Ice Gauntlet in New World. The most recent patch is listed first and then in descending order by date.
July Update Summer Medleyfair – July 27th, 2022
- Added a 1s cooldown to Pylon Dodge upgrade.
- Players can now sprint when afflicted with Frostbite.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ultimate Chill to not trigger when a target was hit with the Wind Chill or Ice Shower ability.
- Fixed an issue that caused Haste bonuses to cancel Wind Chill early.
- Fixed an issue that caused Pylon to consume mana if it didn’t spawn on cast.
- Fixed an issue that caused some Damage over Time effects to trigger the Frozen Touch passive.
- Fixed a typo in the description of Ice Shower.
- Fixed an issue that momentarily prevented players from moving when they exited Entomb early.
May Arenas Patch – May 26th, 2022
- Ice Storm: Fixed an issue that caused this ability to go on cooldown when the spell was interrupted while in aim mode.
- Ice Pylon: Damage increased from 50% to 75% weapon damage.
- Ice Pylon: Health increased from 12% to 20% of player health.
- Ice Pylon: Fixed an issue that caused Ice Pylon to damage all targets within range when spawned.
- Ice Shower: Updated the tooltip for this ability to include the cooldown on the re-application of the root effect.
April Bugs and Balance Patch – April 25th, 2022
- Fixed an issue where using Ice Spike during movement could cause a server/client desync.
Heart of Madness Patch – March 30th, 2022
- Heavy Attack: Fixed an issue where heavy attack could be charged with insufficient mana and a light attack would be performed at the end of the charge. The functionality has been changed so that attempting to charge without sufficient mana will instead trigger a light attack immediately.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from interrupting repeated light attacks with a block.
- Healing Tomb (Item Perk): Fixed an issue that prevented this perk from functioning properly if the player exited the Entombed state by dodging.
- Heavy Freeze: Fixed a typo in the description.
- Ice Spikes: Fixed an issue where the Mighty Spike visuals would not appear in some circumstances.
- Wind Chill: Fixed an issue where this ability could trigger the Defiant Freeze passive even when canceled.
- Entombed: Fixed an issue that prevented the Ice Tomb from taking damage from chain element perk effects.
- Life Staff’s Sacred Ground Blessing Perk will no longer provide bonus healing for Entombed.
Bug Fixes Patch – February 28th, 2022
- Ice Spikes
- Spiky Reach: Adjusted the projectiles fired from this upgrade to reduce the chance that a single target is hit with all 4 parts of the attack.
- Ice Storm
- Fixed an issue where if two different players had different amounts of modifiers and perks for the Ice Storm ability they could stack the damage from it instead of it just being a single instance of damage.
- Punishing Storm: Added clarification on the tooltip to state that it will only increase Ice Storm’s damage.
- Ice Shower:
- Fixed a desync issue that could occur when players dodged through Ice Shower.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Ice Shower’s root to fail when players dodged through it.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Shower would not start its cooldown immediately when the first ice patch appeared.
- Ice Pylon:
- Pylon Burst (Item Perk): Increased AoE to 3m radius from 1m. Added new burst VFX to show this new radius.
Mutators Patch – January 25th, 2022
- Removed text that flies out when triggering Quick Shower.
- Fixed a desync issue that would occur when homing through Ice Shower ability.
Winter Convergence Patch – December 16, 2021
- Ice Pylon:
- Pylon Dodge: Updated tooltip to better describe the functionality.
- Ultimate Chill
- Updated Ultimate Chill’s status bar debuff tooltip to be consistent with the Weapon Mastery tooltip.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ultimate Chill status effect icon to appear to stack.
- Blocking Stamina: Fixed an issue that allowed this passive ability to give stamina when the player was out of mana.
- Heavy Freeze: Updated the description to more accurately describe the cooldown.
- Ice Tomb: Increased Ice Tomb health from 50% to 75% of casters health.
- Entombed Burst: Reduced mana cost from 20 mana to 10 mana.
Into the Void Patch – November 18th, 2021
- Heavy Attack – Increased heavy attack start up and recovery time to make it consistent with other magic weapons heavy attack timing.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Gauntlet movement while attacking was faster than other magic weapons.
- Fixed an issue where basic attacks on the Ice Gauntlet could sometimes shoot through an enemy without dealing damage if they were too close.
- Ice Storm
- Increased time between damage ticks from 0.25s to 0.33s
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm did no damage if the player had the Unending Thaw item perk.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm didn’t do damage to enemies immune to slow.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm stopped if the caster swapped to their other active weapon.
- Ice Spike
- Fixed an issue where Ice Spike displayed a cast timer despite being cast instantly.
- Wind Chill
- Increased damage scaling per tick from 16% to 20%.
- Ice Shower
- Increased cooldown from 20s to 30s.
- Entombed players can no longer be healed.
- Reduced health of the Tomb to 50% of players max health.
- Reduced damage of breakout burst attack from 168% to 70%.
- Fixed an issue where invulnerability on Entomb could be removed while the Tomb was still active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to move while Entombed after dying.
- Ice Pylon
- Increased Pylon health by 20%.
- Added a max lifetime of 45 seconds to the Ice Pylon.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Pylon could consume mana but wouldn’t activate on slopes, terrain, or off a ledge.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to place multiple Ice Pylons at a time by dying and being revived.
- Fixed an issue with the Ice Pylon targeting neutral players or AI enemies during a 1v1 Duel.
- Ultimate Chill
- Reduced Ultimate Chill’s bonus damage from 35% to 25%.
- Fixed an issue where Ultimate Chill’s ability would not apply to enemies in some cases.
- Updated Ultimate Chill tooltip wording to better clarify its functionality.
- Critical Frost: Reduced critical change bonus from 20% to 15%.
- Energized Critical: Reduced critical damage bonus from 15% to 10%.
- Heavy Freeze
- Added a 5 second cooldown to the freeze effect.
- Fixed an issue that allowed enemies with this passive to root players standing in their own Ice Storm.
- Fixed an issue where the Iced Refresh item perk could activate on both downing and killing a player. Now it triggers only on downing.
- Ultimate Chill