Barbarian Double Swing Build
Welcome to our Diablo 4 Barbarian Double Swing Build. In this article we will give you the info needed to re-create this build! Covering the Skill Tree, Aspects, Paragon Board, Glyphs and much more! This build features a fast paced, highly mobile version of the Barbarian, being able to Leap in and finish our enemies by swinging our weapons.
- Great Mobility with multiple Leaps
- Great Survivability with Fortify and a lot of Strength.
- Good at clearing Dungeons.
- No Required Unique items.
- Depending on Ultimate for Burst windows.
- Requires a certain number of Aspects to function properly.
- Not a top tier boss killer
Skill Tree and Paragon Board
Glyph Leveling Priority
For our Diablo 4 Barbarian Double Swing Build we are using 5 Rare Glyphs to complement our damage and survivability. Getting Glyphs to level 15 can be a big deal, unlocking a bigger radius around the Glyph. Below we will put them in order of which one to level to 15 first to last.
- 1 – Undaunted: We will need the extra radius to reach the required stats. Granting us Damage and Damage Reduction while we are fortified.
- 2 – Bloodfeeder: We will need the extra radius to reach the required stats. Granting us Damage and Critical Strike Chance to Bleeding enemies.
- 3 – Wrath: We will need the extra radius to reach the required stats. Granting us Core Skill Damage and Fury generation on Critical Strikes.
- 4 – Territorial: We will need the extra radius to reach the required stats. Granting us Damage and Damage Reduction from Close enemies.
- 5 – Exploit: We already hit the required stats without upgrading and will take this last for the increased damage it provides.
Class Mechanic (Weapon Technique)
We will be using the Two-Handed Axe Technique to make sure we always get the extra Damage to Vulnerable enemies. This is a nice boost that we do not want to lose while we use Double Swing and as so it is perfect as our Technique.
Season One: Malignant Hearts
The Seasonal Affix tied to Season One will add a huge boost to all builds in Diablo 4. This will provide you essentially bonus gem slots that will add unique effects which may provide massive damage, defensive, or utility boosts. For more information on this, please refer to our Season 1 Malignant Hearts Guide
Below you will find the suggested Malignant Hearts for this build:
- Focused Rage (Vicious, Offensive): After spending 100-60 Fury within 2 seconds, your next Non-Basic Skill’s Critical Strike Chance is increased by 20-30%.
- Malignant Pack (Wrathful, Super): Cycle through a Malignant bonus every 20 kills:
- Gain 20% Attack Speed
- Core and Basic Skills have a 15% chance to fully restore your Primary Resource
- Every 21 seconds, gain a Barrier absorbing 85 – 102 damage
- The Barber (Wrathful, Super): Critical Strikes and all subsequent damage within 2.0 – 4.0 seconds is absorbed by your target. Then, the absorbed damage erupts onto surrounding enemies. Stored damage is increased by 10% per second.
- Ignoring Pain (Wrathful, Super): Incoming damage has a 5-15% chance of being ignored and instead Healing your for 17 – 68.
- Picana (Vicious, Offensive): Critical Strikes electrically charge the enemy for 0.75 – 2.50 seconds, causing lighting to arc between them and any other charged enemies dealing 68 – 136 lightning damage.
- Dark Dance (Vicious, Offensive): Every 5 seconds while above 60% Life, Core Skills cost 51 – 68 Life instead of your Primary Resource. Skills that consume Life deal 10% – 20% increased damage.
- Revenge (Brutal, Defensive): 10-20% of incoming damage is instead supressed. When you use a Defensive, Subterfuge or a Macabre skill, all suppressed damage is amplified by 250% and explodes, dealing up to 1360 – 2040 Fire damage to Nearby enemies.
- Resurgent Life (Brutal, Defensive): While below 40% – 60% Life, you receive 50% – 60% more Healing from all sources.
- Calculated (Devious, Utility): After spending 150-200 of your Primary Resource, your next attack Stuns enemies hit for 2 seconds.
Legendary Aspects are one of the most powerful parts of any build. Below we list the ones used for this Diablo 4 Barbarian Double Swing Build. Each build has a limited amount of Offensive, Defensive, and Utility Aspects that it can use. Here is a reminder of the slot limitations for Legendary Aspects:
- Offensive – Amulets, Gloves, Ring, Weapons
- Defensive – Amulets, Chest, Helm, Legs, Shield
- Mobility – Amulets, Boots
- Resource – Rings
- Utility – Amulets, Boots, Chest, Gloves, Helm, Shield
Here you will find a small list containing the Aspects we want in the build. We will go from most important at the top and least at the bottom. For more info on the Aspects you can reference the build planner above.
- Accelerating Aspect (Offensive)
- Windlasher Aspect (Offensive)
- Aspect of Berserk Ripping (Offensive)
- Aspect of Might (Defensive)
- Aspect of Disobedience (Defensive)
- Earthquake Aspect (Offensive)
- Aspect of Bul-Kathos (Defensive)
- Aspect of Perpetual Stomping (Mobility)
- Steadfast Berserker’s Aspect (Defensive)
- Aspect of Retribution (Offensive)
- Aspect of Berserk Fury (Resource)
- Edgemaster’s Aspect (Offensive)
There are no required unique items for this build. After some testing it looks like Ramaladni’s Magnum Opus can be a great addition to the build. When available to you swap out Edgemaster’s Aspect for this Unique.
- Ramaladni’s Magnum Opus (Sword) – Skills using this weapon gain a bonus to damage the more fury we have.
Item Affix Priority
Our Affixes are a big deal in completing this Diablo 4 Barbarian Double Swing Build. Stacking the right % Affixes, taking enough Damage Reduction and or Skill Ranks, it can all make a big difference. Below we will go over what Affixes to prioritize while creating this build.
|Helm||Cooldown Reduction||+ Max Fury||+ Max Life||Strength||Armor|
|Chest||Damage Reduction||Damage Reduction while Fortified||Damage Reduction from Close enemies.||+% Armor||Strength|
|Gloves||Critical Strike Chance||+ Ranks to Double Swing||Attack Speed||Strength||All Stats|
|Pants||Damage Reduction||Damage Reduction from Close enemies||Damage Reduction while Fortified||Damage Reduction from Bleeding enemies.||Strength|
|Boots||Movement Speed||Fury Cost Reduction||Dodge Chance||Fortify Generation||All Stats|
|Amulet||Cooldown Reduction||Damage Reduction||+ to Counteroffensive Passive||+ Max Life||Damage Reduction from Close|
|Ring x 2||Vulnerable Damage||Critical Strike Damage||Strength||+% Damage||+ Max Fury|
|Weapon 1H||Vulnerable Damage||Critical Strike Damage||Strength||+% Core Skill Damage||Damage while Berserking|
|Weapon 2H||Vulnerable Damage||Critical Strike Damage||Strength||+% Core Skill Damage||Damage while Berserking|
How To Play Double Swing Barbarian
- We use Leap to jump into the action creating an Earthquake. Make sure to stay in the Earthquake to benefit from the extra damage and extra damage reduction granted by our Aspects.
- Refresh the Earthquake by using Ground Stomp and simultaneously stun your enemies.
- Leap can be reset by using Kick, this way we can Leap again when necessary to reset our Earthquake.
- Kick is also one of our forms of Vulnerability, using it makes our enemies vulnerable for 4 seconds.
- When faced with High Priority targets (Damage resistance Aura, Shaman, Wraith) we use leap to close the distance and take them out first, making the fights a lot easier.
- Because we are always Berserking (thanks to Furious Double Swing) we always benefit from the faster move speed and the extra damage.
- Use Ground Stomp in big packs of mobs to greatly reduce the cooldown of our Ultimate, per enemy damaged we reduce the cooldown of Wrath of the Berserker by 1 second!
- Make sure to use Wrath of the Berserker whenever it is off cooldown, granting us 20% extra movement speed and 30% increased Fury Generation. Be mindful of key moments like Bosses and save Wrath of the Berserker is a moment like this is close.
How to Play vs Mob Packs, Elites and Bosses
- This build plays pretty much the same in all content, being able to keep the same approach makes this a very beginner friendly build.
- Make sure to keep refreshing the Earthquakes on the ground, the added damage and damage reduction are a great and sometimes needed addition.
- Leap can be used both offensively and defensively, being able to leap out of certain dangerous mechanics can be lifesaving.
This concludes our Diablo 4 Barbarian Double Swing build! For more information on Diablo 4, including Class Builds and Guides, be sure to check out our Diablo 4 home page!