Druid Pulverize Build
Welcome to our Druid Pulverize Build. In this article we will give you the info needed to re-create this build! Covering the Skill Tree, Aspects, Paragon Board, Glyphs and much more! This build features massive AoE damage with Pulverize!
- Good mobility with Trample.
- Great uptime on our Ultimate and Unstoppable.
- Great defenses with Fortify and Werebear Damage Reduction.
- The Exploit Glyph is our only form of Vulnerability.
- Resource heavy.
- Can be clunky to play vs. Singe Targets.
Skill Tree and Paragon Board
Glyph Leveling Priority
For our Druid Druid Pulverize Build we are using 5 Rare Glyphs to complement our damage and survivability. Getting Glyphs to level 15 can be a big deal, unlocking a bigger radius around the Glyph. Below we will put them in order of which one to level to 15 first to last.
- 1 – Undaunted: We will need the extra radius to reach the required stats. Granting us Damage and Damage Reduction while we are fortified.
- 2 – Werebear: We will need the extra radius to reach the required stats. Granting us damage and Damage Reduction while in Werebear form.
- 4 – Territorial: We will need the extra radius to reach the required stats. Granting us Damage and Damage Reduction from Close enemies.
- 3 – Fang and Claw: We will need the extra radius to reach the required stats. Granting us extra damage to close enemies and also increasing Magic nodes within range.
- 5 – Exploit: We already hit the required stats without upgrading and will take this last for the increased damage it provides.
Class Mechanic (Spirit Boons)
- Deer – Wariness, giving us 10% reduced damage from Elites.
- Eagle – Avian Wrath, giving us 30% increased Critical Strike Damage.
- Wolf (Mastery) – Energize, giving us Lucky Hit: Dealing damage has up to a 15% chance to restore 10 Spirit and Calamity, Extending the duration of our Ultimate by 25%
- Snake – Calm before the Storm, Lucky Hit: Nature Magic Skills have up to a 10% chance to reduce the Cooldown of your Ultimate Skill by 2 seconds.
Legendary Aspects are one of the most powerful parts of any build. Below we list the ones used for this Druid Pulverize Build. Each build has a limited amount of Offensive, Defensive, and Utility Aspects that it can use. Here is a reminder of the slot limitations for Legendary Aspects:
- Offensive – Amulets, Gloves, Ring, Weapons
- Defensive – Amulets, Chest, Helm, Legs, Shield
- Mobility – Amulets, Boots
- Resource – Rings
- Utility – Amulets, Boots, Chest, Gloves, Helm, Shield
Here you will find a small list containing the Aspects we want in the build. We will go from most important at the top and least at the bottom. For more info on the Aspects you can reference the build planner above.
- Aspect of the Ursine Horror (Offensive)
- Aspect of Disobedience (Defensive)
- Aspect of Quicksand (Utility)
- Shockwave Aspect (Offensive) (Offensive)
- Aspect of Retaliation (Offensive)
- Aspect of the Umbral (Resource)
- Aspect of the Rampaging Werebeast (Offensive)
- Aspect of Might ( Defensive) – When Insatiable Fury is not used this Aspect can go on your Chest.
For this build we use the following Unique Items, this version of the build can also be played without these Unique Items, they are a nice addition however. When we do not use Insatiable Fury, we swap in Aspect of Might.
- Vasily’s Prayer: Making our Earth skills also Werebear Skills and Fortifying us for (x).
- Insatiable Fury: Making Werebear our true form, and we gain +2 ranks to all Werebear Skills.
Malignant Hearts, a new addition to Diablo 4 through the first Seasonal experience act as a huge boost to your build capabilities. As a result, we recommend using the following Malignant Hearts for this build:
- The Calculated (Devious, Utility-World Tier III): After spending 150-200 of your Primary Resource, your next attack Stuns enemies hit for 2 seconds.
- The Unconstrained Beast (Wrathful, Super-World Tier IV): When you are hit with a Stun, Freeze or Knock Down effect, there is a 40-60% chance to automatically activate Grizzly Rage for 3 seconds.
- Tempting Fate (Vicious, Offensive-World Tier III): You gain 40-60% Critical Strike Damage but your Non-Critical Strikes deal 20-15% less damage.
- Prudent Heart (Brutal, Defensive-World Tier III): You become Immune for 2.0-4.0 seconds after you lose more than 20% Life in a single hit. This effect can only occur once every 110 seconds.
- The Malignant Pact (Wrathful, Super): Cycle through a Malignant bonus every 20 kills:
- Vicious: Gain 20% Attack Speed.
- Devious: Core and Basic Skills have a 15% chance to fully restore your Primary Resource.
- Brutal: Every 21 seconds, gain a Barrier absorbing 85-102 damage.
Item Affix Priority
Our Affixes are a big deal in completing this Druid Pulverize Build. Stacking the right % Affixes, taking enough Damage Reduction and or Skill Ranks, it can all make a big difference. Below we will go over what Affixes to prioritize while creating this build.
|Gloves||+ Ranks to Pulverize||% Critical Strike Chance||% Attack Speed||+ All Stats||% Lucky Hit Chance|
|Pants||% Damage Reduction while Fortified||% Damage Reduction from Close enemies||% Damage Reduction from Distant enemies||% Total Armor while in Werebear Form||+ All Stats|
|Boots||Movement Speed||% Armor while in Werebear form||All Stats||% Spirit Cost Reduction||+ Willpower|
|Amulet||% Cooldown Reduction||% Damage Reduction While Fortified||+ to Crushing Earth Passive||+ Max Life||% Armor|
|Ring x 2||% Vulnerable Damage||% Critical Strike Chance||+ Max Life||% Lucky Hit||% Damage|
|Weapon 1H||% Vulnerable Damage||% Damage to Close enemies||% Core Skill Damage||+ All Stats||% Critical Damage|
|Offhand||% Cooldown Reduction||% Critical Strike Chance||% Damage Reduction while Fortified||% Lucky Hit Chance||+ All Stats|
How To Play Pulverize Druid
- For this build we rely on high uptime on our Ultimate, Grizzly Rage, granting us damage while it is active and stacking our Critical Damage as we hit Critical Strikes.
- We get guaranteed Critical Hits whenever Earthen Might procs, this also fills our Spirit to max.
- Pulverize has great range thanks to our Shockwave Aspect, use it from a distance when you first see the enemy mob pack.
- Use Earthen Bulwark when we have downtime on our Ultimate, this way we keep Unstoppable active.
How to Play vs Mob Packs, Elites and Bosses
- Vs. Bosses we try to keep ourselves just within range of the original Pulverize, this way we can maximize the damage output from both Pulverize and the Shockwave it creates.
- You will have a lot less procs from Lucky Hit to give us Spirit, we are weaving in our Basic Skill more often to generate resources.
This concludes our Diablo 4 Druid Pulverize! For more information on Diablo 4, including Class Builds and Guides, be sure to check out our Diablo 4 home page!
About the Author