Calventus Guardian Raid Guide
The Third, Level 3, Lost Ark Guardian Raid boss you’ll battle is Calventus. You will need to be Item level 880 to enter the Calventus Guardian Raid. Find out how to take The Dark Dragon down in our Lost Ark Calventus Guardian Raid Guide.
USEFUL ITEMS TO BRING – Panacea, Whirlwind Bombs
Calventus Guardian Raid Mechanics
- Windfury Debuff – Increases the amount of magic damage you take. This can be cleansed with a cleansing ability or Panacea
- Body Slam – Calventus will lift her front legs up and slam down in a frontal attack.
- Charge – Calventus will take a step back and then charge a long-distance forward. If Calventus turns blue, you can use a counter ability to her head to prevent her from charging and knock
- Tail Whip – Calventus will hop in place, slams her tail to the ground, then whip her tail back and forth one time.
- Leaping Strike – Calventus will fly up in the air then slam forward on the ground towards a player
- Sky Dive – Claventus will fly up in the air LEAVING THE SCREEN. A glowing AOE will appear on the ground. Move out of this AOE to avoid damage.
- Whirlwinds – Calventus will leap backward and spawn several Tornadoes.
- Rain of Despair – Calventus will fly up in the air and rain death on her enemies. You will want to move underneath her until the rain stops, then dodge before she lands.
- Dark Energy Orb – Calventus will charge dark energy between her horns and launch the orb forward.
- Splitting Orb – Calventus will summon an orb in front of her then hit it, causing it to split into three in a frontal cone AOE attack
- Dark Orb Summon – Calventus will summon dark orbs in the area. She will then try to walk around and attempt to absorb them. Players need to take destroy them before she does. If she absorbs 4 Dark Orbs at any point throughout the fight, Claventus will enrage.
- Enrage – Calventus will attack and move faster. You can stack stagger attacks on her or Whirlwind Bombs to return her to her normal state.
Calventus Guardian Raid Strategy
One of the most important aspects of the fight is making sure you cleanse the Windfury debuff. Again you can do this with a cleansing ability OR a Panacea. Doing so will keep this fight nice and easy. If you fail to, Calventus will deal large amounts of magic damage to the player.
For rear-attacking DPS players, it’s also important to recognize Tail Whip. when Calventus hops in place and slams her tail, make sure to move to the spot she slams her tail to avoid damage and position yourself for DPS. Avoid mechanics like Sky Dive and Leaping Strike and you’ll have no problem pushing Calventus to Phase 2.
Whirlwinds and Rain of Despair are new mechanics in this phase but should be pretty easy to recognise, and avoid. In phase 2, it is also important for players to recognize the different Orb attacks and be ready for the Dark Orb Summon. Once Calventus Summons the orbs, players need to spread out to locate the Dark Orb and destroy them before she absorbs them and enters enrage. As a reminder, she can only absorb 4 Dark Orbs throughout the fight or she will enrage.
Dodge the Mechanics, cleanse the Windfury debuff stacks, and prevent Calventus from absorbing the Dark Orbs and you’ll have no problem downing this Dark Dragon.
- Calventus Card
- Epic Tier 2 Earrings, Necklace, and Amulets
- Tier 2 Honing Material
- Epic Ability Stones
- Epic or Rare Class Engraving Recipe
- Rare Galewind Skill Rune
- Arkesia Event Coin (if event is active)
Calventus Guardian Raid Guide Conclusion.
That does it for our Lost Ark Calventus Raid guide. Make sure to check out the next Guardian Raid Guide, Achates1.