Diablo 4 Sorcerer Leveling Guide
Welcome to our Diablo 4 Sorcerer Leveling Guide. In this guide, Well cover everything you need to know to get your Sorcerer to Level 50 and beyond including Skill Tree Progression, Legendary Aspects and Leveling Tips.
Sorcerer Skill Tree Progression
Below we will go over the skill tree progression for this Diablo 4 Sorcerer Leveling Guide. Below is how to spend each Skill point while leveling the Sorcerer as well as an image of the finished Skill Tree.
|1-5||Arc Lash 1/5 – Enhanced Arc Lash – Charged Bolts 1/5 – Flickering Arc Lash – Enhanced Charged Bolts|
|6-10||Arc Lash 2/5 – Teleport 1/5 – Frost Nova 1/5 – Ice Armor 1/5 – Arc Lash 3/5|
|11-15||Enhanced Frost Nova – Mystical Frost Nova – Arc Lash 4/5 – Arc Lash 5/5 – Fireball 1/5 (Enchantment)|
|16-20||Greater Charged Bolts – Charged Bolts 2/5 – Charged Bolts 3/5 – Charged Bolts 4/5 – Charged Bolts 5/5|
|21-25||Glass Cannon 1/3 – Glass Cannon 2/3 – Glass Cannon 3/3 – Unstable Currents – Prime Unstable Currents|
|26-30||Coursing Currents 1/3 – Coursing Currents 2/3 – Static Discharge 1/3 – Shocking Impact 1/3 – Shocking Impact 2/3|
|31-35||Shocking Impact 3/3 – Coursing Currents 3/3 – Align the Elements – Vyr’s Mastery – Devastation 1/3|
|36-40||Elemental Dominance 1/3 – Elemental Dominance 2/3 – Elemental Dominance 3/3 – Elemental Attunement 1/3 – Enhanced Teleport|
|41-45||Shimmering Teleport – Enhanced Ice Armor – Protection 1/3 – Protection 2/3 – Protection 3/3|
|46-50||Electrocution 1/3 – Electrocution 2/3 – Electrocution 3/3 – Convulsions 1/3 – Convulsions 2/3|
|51-55||Convulsions 3/3 – Precision Magic 1/3 – Precision Magic 2/3 – Precision Magic 3/3 – Frost Nova 2/5|
|56-58||Frost Nova 3/5 – Conduction 1/3 – Conduction 2/3|
Finished Skill Tree
While leveling, we will use the Fireball and Arc Lash Passives. This allows you to get large amounts of passive damage while casting your primary damage spell, Arc Lash. Arc Lash on its own does not seem to be anything groundbreaking, but when paired with the Shocking Impact passive, this results in a significant damage increase.
Enchantment 1: Fireball
Enchantment 2: Arc Lash
While choosing gear isn’t as you level isn’t as important as when you reach endgame, you can make a significant increase in your power with the right gear. Make sure to keep an eye out for the below affixes:
NOTE – We will go with a wand and Focus for Weapons
- Cooldown reduction (Helm, Amulet)
- +X% Vulnerable Damage (2H, Ringx2)
- +Attack Speed (Gloves)
- +X% Core Skill Damage (2H)
- +X% Frost Damage (Chest, Ringx2)
- Intellect (everything except Jewelry) and %Intellect (Amulet)
- X% Lucky Hit Chance (Gloves, Ring X2)
- X% Movement Speed* (Boots, Amulet)
- + All Stats (Everything except Jewelry)
- Damage to Burning Enemies (2H, Ring X 2)
To fill in the rest of your Affix slots on your gear, it is essential to keep up your resistance. Leveling Content becomes more difficult and will require a higher amount of resistance to compensate for the decrease in the effectiveness of armor. The following affixes can become very important:
- % Damage Reduction from Burning Enemies (Chest, pants, Amulet)
- DR to Close Enemies (Chest, Pants)
- +Rank to All-Defensive Skills (Amulet)
- +max Life (Chest, Helm, Pants, RIng) – Improves Barrier Sizes
- +% Total Armor (Chest, Helm, Pants, Ring X 2)
Legendary Aspects are one of the most powerful aspects of any build. Below are the Legendary Aspects in Diablo 4 that go well with our Sorcerer Leveling Guide.
This build does not require any Aspects to be used, but some may be useful to accelerate the leveling experience!
- Control (Offensive) – You deal (25-35%) more damage to Immoblized, Stunned, or Frozen enemies.
- Rapid (Offensive) – Basic Skills gain (15-30%) Attack Speed.
- Frostblitz Aspect (Defensive) – Frost Nova gains an additional Charge but the Cooldown per Charge is increased by (40-30%)
- Unwavering (Defensive) – Taking direct damage has a 2-6% chance to react the Cooldown of one of your Defensive Skills
- Bounding Conduit (Utility) – Gain (20-25%) Movement Speed for 3 Seconds after Teleporting
- Prodigy’s Aspect (Resource) – Using a Cooldown restores 15-25 Mana
Each build has a limited amount of Offensive, Defensive, and Utility Aspects that it can use. Make sure to use the following guideline went setting up your build!
- Offensive – Amulets, Gloves, Rings, Weapons
- Defensive – Amulets, Chest, Helm, Legs, Shield
- Mobility – Amulets, Boots
- Resource – Rings
- Utility – Amulets, Boots, Chest, Gloves, Helm, Shield
Best Way to Obtain Sorcerer Build Aspects From The Purveyor
|Best Gambling Option|
Thanks to Don The Crown for the information!
Sorcerer Leveling Tips
It’s always better to level with a friend! If possible, level with at least one other person to improve Vulnerability uptime as well as increase the speed of clearing Trash, Elite, and even Boss enemies.
In Season 1 it is optimal to skip the campaign and go straight to World Tier 2.
Below is a general rotation to remember as you level your Sorcerer.
- Engage enemies by casting Frost Nova
- Cast Charged Bolts while you are close to enemies
- Follow up by using Arc Lash repeatedly until the enemy is defeated
- Cast Ice Armor for Mana regeneration or defensively
- Be sure you are saving Unstable Currents for Bosses or large Elite packs
Diablo 4 Sorcerer Leveling Guide Conclusion
This build can be played in the endgame, but we recommend playing an Ice Shards build for Season One. Please refer to our Ice Shards Build Guide to learn more.